Monday, April 1, 2013

Pupcakes!

  Peanut Butter Banana Pupcakes for Reese and Tilly today!


I really felt like baking today BUT I'm 3 weeks into a 30 day fitness challenge and well... cupcakes just aren't in the plan. Bummer right? So I made the next best thing... PUPcakes. I figured Tilly and Reese aren't doing any squats or lunges anytime soon, so they're okay! I've made these many times before and the dogs absolutely love them. Reese knows that when I get the peanut butter out and start baking, something good is coming. His sniffer starts going crazy. The word "pupcake" in this house is very well known, ears perk quickly!




Peanut Butter Banana Pupcakes:

Ingredients:
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 cup Natural Peanut Butter
1 ripe Banana, mushed
1 cup chopped Apple or shredded Carrot (or both! equaling 1 cup)
1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1 Egg

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
Mix flour and backing soda together.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well. 
Spoon into muffin tin.
Bake 30 minutes or until passes the pick test.

* I added a dollop of cottage cheese and a little piece of turkey bacon : )

 
Patiently Waiting. Good Dog!

Nom nom!


No comments:

Post a Comment