Thursday, April 25, 2013

Day 4 - 30 Day Challenge










 It's so much more simple than people make it seem... Eat clean, eat healthy, workout. Period. There is no secret or magic to it.



Day 4 and feeling great! How about you guys? I’d love to hear from you and how you’re doing so far!

Haven’t started yet? That’s fine… start NOW! Day 1, GO!

Yesterday was arms. Have you ever tried putting mascara or liquid eyeliner on after doing arms? Ha, good luck!! ;-) Have any questions about arm workouts? Need some help? Let me know!
*I am currently studying to become a personal fitness trainer. : ) 

Today I’m going to work the whole body. A little legs, arms, core, back, cardio, plyometrics, etc… just get moving! The point is to get your heart rate up and keep it up throughout the workout. Move. Your. Body. I stay moving without a break for about 20 minutes. Below I have some examples of what I do.

I’ll post my food diary tonight. As always, before breakfast I start with 8oz cold water and with my breakfast I let myself have my yummy cup o jo, that doesn’t change!

Tip of the day: Flaxseed!  Did you know that whole flaxseed is actually difficult for your body to digest? Most of the flaxseed you eat will just pass through your digestive system without getting broken down. Your body doesn’t receive the benefits. Do you know what to do to fix that? GROUND Flaxseed!!! Your body doesn’t have to work hard to break it down to get all of it’s nutrients!  



 Some Examples of what I do...
- Burpees
- Dreya Roll (from P90X http://youtu.be/IBupIfQEoNA)
- Jumping Jacks
- Jump Rope
- Plank (on elbow)
- Right and Left Side Planks
- Plank Jacks
- Low Knees to High Knees
- Squats to Jump Squats
- Lunges to Jump Lunges (switching legs with a jump after each lunge)
- Mountain Climbers

I might one day start doing videos. Let me know if you guys would like that. 


NOW GO GET MOVING!


TODAY FOOD:
Before Breakfast- About 8oz cold water
Breakfast- My morning cup of coffee, with the same breakfast as yesterday AND the day before (I need to switch up my meals a bit! Ha! But I love this breakfast! Mmm). ½ English muffin, ¼ avocado, 1 egg, 3 slices turkey bacon.
Lunch-
Grilled chicken salad (Spinach, grilled chicken, sugar snap peas, bean sprouts, sunflower seeds, chia seeds and I used a few dashes of red wine vinegar as a dressing)
Snack #1- Apple and 2 tbs peanut butter (I would eat peanut butter all darn day if I could!!)
Snack #2 (post-workout)- Protein pudding. It tastes like a no bake cookie and everything in it is way healthy. Perfect way to trick your sweet tooth! I make it by eye, no measurements so I will measure it out and post the recipe this weekend.
Dinner-
Grilled chicken breast with steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and sugar snap peas)
Water Consumption (goal=60 oz)-
60 oz (and still drinking)


No comments:

Post a Comment